Is Newer Better?

Does 5 years of technology make a difference?

I wondered the same thing

So I built the modern version of my current set of irons and decided to test them out



THE TEST

1️⃣First I tested my current 7 iron (2015) to get a baseline

2️⃣Then I hit the 2021 model with the same shaft from my 2015 set

3️⃣Then I tested 16 additional shafts on the new head

The results were in 🙌

Lets look at the top 5



TOP 5

Out of the 17 combinations, my top 5 was filled with my current head/shaft combo and 4 new head/shaft combos



WHAT MAKES THEM GOOD

The success of the top 5 comes down to 3 key components

👉BALL SPEED
👉TRAJECTORY
👉LANDING ANGLE

It’s all about getting the ball to fly in the optimal window for the shot you’re trying to hit



CONCLUSION

It was good to know that my old set still holds up with the new stuff

Which is a good reminder that sometimes an older set can be just as good as a newer

But It’s also comforting to know I can gain an extra few yards with different shafts

The next step is going to see what moving into a game improvement or super game improvement category can do for my game

Get fit



Want to know more about your swing?

Click Here 👇


MOVE BETTER - PLAY BETTER

COACH BLAINE ⛳🏌️‍♂️


For more, visit www.TourShotGolf.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Shot: My First Hole In One

Quick Read: The Mental Library

The Frederick Five: The 5 Best Public Golf Courses in Maryland