Service Review: Dr. Mike Fitzsimmons | ProActive Spine and Movement, Carrollton, TX


 SERVICE REVIEW: 

DR. MIKE FITZSIMMONS

ProActive Spine and Movement

2761 E Trinity Mills Rd; Suite #100, Carrollton, TX 75006



As a PGA Golf Professional, it’s important my body is able to move properly. Whether it’s playing the game I love, or helping others through coaching or club fitting, I’m constantly on my feet, moving, bending, twisting, and loading high levels of force on my body.


With a minor herniation in my lower back, I’ve had a history of back injuries that creep in from time to time and take me away from what I love doing most. Over the years I’ve gone to see a handful of Chiropractors and have usually had less than desirable experiences. Dr. Mike Fitzsimmons of ProActive Spine and Movement, however, is different.



Dr. Mike’s approach is more than just a “rack n’ crack.” While manipulations are part of his toolbox of techniques for improving the way you move, it’s only one of the many tools he uses. Blending traditional chiropractic techniques with physical therapy and rehab techniques, Dr. Mike gets to the root causes of your pain, identifies dysfunctional patterns that cause problems, and teaches you how to move better so you feel better and play better.


Dr. Mike is great about getting to know each patient and tailoring his treatment program to that individual. He uses a holistic approach with the goal of longevity and well-being. Especially in the game of golf where you can play from 4 to 104 years old, having a long-term approach makes all the difference. There are no shortcuts and he makes it easy to do the work necessary to see long-term gains.



Each session focuses on identifying the root causes of dysfunction, doing manual manipulation to get the body into better alignment, and specific exercises to help retrain the brain-body connection to ingrain better movement patterns so patients don’t fall into old patterns and eventually become hurt again. He then prescribes simple yet highly effective exercises and homework to help recondition the body so you continue to see progress between visits.


I’ve worked with Dr. Mike for a half-dozen sessions over the last couple of months and have noticed less pain and stiffness, improved posture, and most importantly, more control over my swing. I’m able to get the club into positions I haven’t been able to get into for years and can make better, and more consistent contact while remaining more balanced. 


When I started working with Dr. Mike I expressed to him my desire to lift weights again. For nearly 6 years I was a CrossFit Coach and lifted 6 days a week. I have a passion for Olympic weightlifting the same way I do for golf. Back in 2019 however, I injured my lower back lifting too much weight with poor form after having spent 3 weeks road-tripping across the country and have not lifted since then for fear of hurting myself again. 



Dr. Mike has helped me get under the bar again with confidence which is a liberating feeling. The ability to express myself through explosive movement and full range of motion is something I’ve been missing in my life over recent years and while my strength has decreased significantly over that time, it feels good knowing I’m once again on track to get back into proper form and learn even better technique than I had before. 


Quality over quantity, and longevity, are key and in a game I can play for 70 more years. I look forward to continuing on this path and I get excited about learning new things I can incorporate in my own life as well as when I’m coaching golfers on their own game.


If you’re looking for a chiropractor in the DFW region or simply want to work with someone to take your performance to the next level, look no further than Dr. Mike Fitzsimmons of ProActive Spine and Movement.



MOVE BETTER - PLAY BETTER

COACH BLAINE ⛳🏌️‍♂️


For more, visit www.TourShotGolf.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Shot: My First Hole In One

Quick Read: The Mental Library

The Frederick Five: The 5 Best Public Golf Courses in Maryland